Saturday, August 2, 2008

Waiting on the Lord

Isaiah 40:31 - But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (KJV)



I do believe I’ve traveled more in the past two months than in the last five years all put together. It’s been interesting. It’s been fun. It’s been nerve-wracking and tear-jerking.


It’s been an experience!


And I still don’t know where I’m going to be living. California? Texas? Oregon? Wyoming?

Timbuktu?


I know God has His reasons for making us wait for a home. Of course He does, otherwise we’d have been settled somewhere long ago – because Lord knows I wanted to be! So maybe He’s teaching me patience…and grace… and trust…and who knows what other virtues I’m lacking. Maybe He has some perfect, idyllic little spot picked out just for my honey and me, but it’s not ready yet.


What do you think? Does God do those kinds of things? Have you experienced having to play the waiting game while He worked out the perfect plan for your life? Hey, tell us about it! Use the comment link below and share your story. I’m sure there are others – myself included – who could benefit from hearing it.


Our Author of Note this month is Lena Nelson Dooley. I was the interviewee on Lena’s blog last month, and I enjoyed it so much I “borrowed” some of her interview questions and tossed them back at her. You’ll enjoy spending a few moments with this fascinating Christian romance author.


Rhonda Clark’s back with this month’s Devotional Notes. I loved having her on The Bookshelf in July, and she’s serving up more of those comforting cookies again this month. Whatever you do, be sure to pick yours up before you go!


I borrowed the Notes on Writing from an article by Rebecca Livermore. I’ve been meaning to use this for some time. I found the Idea Jar concept totally fascinating. Be sure to let me know what you think of it, or if you’ve done anything similar.


In the meantime, have a wonderful August – and don’t forget to meet me back here next month…same time, same place.


Blessings,



No comments: