Thursday, March 3, 2011

2011…and Still No Jetson-esque Existence!

It’s hard to believe we’re living in 2011. Mind boggling, isn’t it? It doesn’t seem that long ago when 1999 seemed so far in the future. Remember the TV show, “Space 1999”? At the time it was filmed, 1999 seemed like such a distant time, and we were all sure we’d be flying our cars around like George Jetson by the time it arrived.

Well, our vehicles are still earthbound (though some people wing it a little too close to the ground…). Nineteen ninety-nine has come and gone, and another decade— plus—has passed. Our cars still don’t fold up into our briefcases. Nor do they fly, but time sure does!

Speaking of which…last time I posted a newsletter, I was anticipating the release of Destiny’s Dream, Book One in the Solomon’s Gate Series. I had to take a brief hiatus and get some other things accomplished, so October was the last newsletter you saw.

Since then, Destiny’s Dream has become a reality, and now I’m awaiting a release date for Book Two—Kylie’s Kiss. I’ve finished the third book, Gypsy’s Game, and submitted it to my editor. Of course, now I’ll have to do all the edits and rewrites…but that’s actually kind of fun. I enjoy the editing process. (In case you're curious, these books are available on Kindle and Nook, as well as in paperback.)


I've also released a children's picture book. Mine! is a fun, rhymed story about a little girl who falls face-first into her own selfishness and learns an important lesson about sharing...and about friendship. It's available at a number of online booksellers, including Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble.com, and, of course, through Vinspire Publishing. If you're in Bakersfield, California, check with Russo's Books. I believe they were planning to stock it.

I’m trying to decide what’s next. What is it about finishing a huge project that leaves one feeling at a loss?

On to the newsletter. I’m thrilled to offer some truly wonderful content this edition. Liz Johnson is our spotlight author. I’ve just finished her new book, Code of Justice. Good stuff! (See my review in this Bookshelf edition.) Trish Perry co-authored a new devotional book with four other authors. It released March 1st, and I’m honored and excited to bring one of those devotionals to Bookshelf readers. Do NOT miss this devotional...it's an amazing testimony to God's mysterious ways of answering prayer - and one woman's unbelievable ability to obey that gentle nudge from the Savior. Our writing tips come from Love Inspired author Winnie Griggs, and I know you’ll find something beneficial in her article on transitions.


I hope you enjoy this month’s edition of the Bookshelf Newsletter. I’m excited to be “back in the saddle.” I missed all of you! Be sure to leave your comments on the articles you particularly like…or don’t. It lets me know someone’s reading the newsletter, and makes all the hassles so much more worth it.

Many blessings to each of you!






3 comments:

Raquel Byrnes said...

Destiny's Dream has a beautiful cover, Delia! Congratulations. =)

Delia Latham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delia Latham said...

Thanks, Raquel! Our fearless leader, Nicola Martinez, does an awesome job of designing book covers for White Rose Publishing. I have received SO many compliments on the cover for Destiny's Dream. The covers for Kylie's Kiss and Gypsy's Game are equally as eye-catching. :)