Friday, July 1, 2011

Blitzing and Baking in the Oklahoma Sun

Happy July! I hope you’re all managing to stay reasonably cool, having at least some fun, and finding lots of great books to read. I could recommend a few… :) Keeping cool here in Oklahoma is a challenge - one too daunting for me at the moment, so I get around it by staying inside as much as possible. I'm pretty sure I can get adequate Vitamin D in a bottle...

I’ve just finished a huge promotion for Kylie’s Kiss (Book Two in the Solomon’s Gate Series). It was a one-day blog blitz, in which I visited 26 blogs in one day. My goal was to saturate the web with information about Kylie’s Kiss and the Solomon’s Gate Series. (That was June 27th, which was also my birthday. The blitz kept me so busy I didn’t have time to think about the swift passage of yet another year!) :). I wrote guest posts for some of the blogs and was interviewed on others. Gave away a couple of very nice gifts, and some books. If you missed the blitz and want to see what it was all about, you’ll find a list of my blog stops here.

The third Solomon’s Gate book, Gypsy’s Game, should release sometime around September. I’m eagerly anticipating the receipt of an actual release date. It shouldn’t be long before I hear something, and of course I’ll post that info for all of you. (Keep an eye on my blog and my Facebook reader page for announcements.)

While I wait for news about Gypsy's Game, I’m working on a couple of novellas and a novel that will use characters from both Yesterday’s Promise and Goldeneyes. Needless to say, I’m burning both ends of the candle trying to get it all done. Such fun!

I hope you enjoy the July/August edition of the Bookshelf. Content includes:

·         Spotlight author:  Anita Mellott, talking about her new non-fiction book, School is Where the Home Is

·         Devotion: Courtesy of Melissa K. Norris, who assures us that we are not alone
 
·         Book review: My personal take on Tender Touch by Tanya Stowe

·         Morning Rendezvous: Introduction to my newest book, a collection of devotions and inspirational musings from my heart to yours

·         Contest:  Announcing the winner from the last Bookshelf and introducing the new contest.

·         Something extra: A short story for your reading pleasure

I hope you enjoy the Bookshelf this time around. Feel free to leave comments on the articles you especially enjoy…or the ones you don’t, of course. Just remember to be kind – we can disagree, as long as we do it amicably. :)

Until next time…have a fun, fantastic, fabulous summer you’ll never forget!

Blessings,


4 comments:

Connie Arnold said...

Congratulations on your continued writing and new books, Delia! The look lovely!

Delia Latham said...

Thanks, Connie! So glad you could come by.

Donna B said...

Ooh! I love the cover for Gypsy's Game!

Delia Latham said...

Thanks, Donna - I'm pretty partial to it myself! :D