Friday, July 1, 2011

Notes of Devotion: Melissa K. Norris



You Are Not Alone
Have you ever stood in a crowded room and felt completely alone? Have you ever sat in the car with your family and wondered why not one of them could see your pain?
These moments are far harder for me than the ones where I’m simply waiting for someone and I truly am by myself. No one wants to feel invisible. We all want to feel valued and loved.
You are never invisible to God. You might not always feel like He is there, but He is. Do you realize God has been with you from the moment you were conceived? Before you even drew your first breath, God was with you.
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.” Jeremiah 1:5
Isn’t that amazing? Before you were born God set you apart to be His child.
There are times in life when we wonder if God loves us.
Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.” John 14:23-24
During the times when we doubt God’s love, we need to look at ourselves. Are we obeying the Bible? Are we doing as Jesus instructed us to?
If the answer is no, then we know what we need to do. It’s quite clear. If we obey God, He will be with us. And that obedience is not one of duty, it is one of love. If our hearts aren’t in the right place, we won’t want to do God’s work. He knows the difference.
In our struggles we feel alone, forsaken.
God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
God doesn’t break promises. He does what he says. Always.
He set you apart before you were born. He makes His home with you. He will never leave you.
You are never alone with Jesus Christ as your Savior. Doesn’t that make you smile?

About Melissa:
Melissa K. Norris is an inspirational romance author. You can read the first page of her historical romance, Mercy Trail, at www.melissaknorris.com She loves to chat so “like” her author Facebook page and find her on Twitter. You can find God in everyday life at her group blog Faith, Friends, and Frappucinnos.

2 comments:

Tammy Barley said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful devotion, and for the beautiful reminder of God's constant love. =)

Delia Latham said...

I agree, Tammy. Melissa did a wonderful job with this devotion!