Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Another Season of Beauty and Change


Autumn has arrived since the last Bookshelf. A vivid color show is being enacted all around me. Takes my breath away, every year. I love the Fall…just dread the thought of the cold, "naked" months to come. But knowing Spring follows Winter gives me something to look forward to—hope and a future…

Let me think about what else is new in my life since last time…

I've started working with a couple of dear friends, Tanya Stowe and Mary Manners, on a new blog called Creative Writing Forces. I hope you'll check it out and be regular readers.

I've also joined the staff of Clash of the Titles, and I'm thoroughly enjoying my association with this group of writers. If you haven't visited, you should. It's a place "where authors battle and readers judge." So bring your voter's mindframe and check it out.

Been working on edits for Gypsy's Game. I was hoping to give you all a release date with this newsletter, but we're not quite there yet. I've truly discovered the meaning of "rewrites" with this book…and I can't say I enjoy this part of the process. But, as with anything that renders any kind of positive results, it requires more than a minimum of effort, and I can only hope you find the end result worth the wait. :)

On to this month's Bookshelf. Good stuff! You're going to enjoy it.

Lena Nelson Dooley is our spotlight author. Lena's always a joy, and you won't want to miss her interview.

Our devotion was provided by Jude Urbanski. Jude aimed "Ties That Bind" at writers, but I can see where this one would apply to any person with any goal in life. Read it. :)

The review this edition is for a Christmas story by Cindy Woodsmall. Loved it!

Winnie Griggs brings the Writing Tips, talking about those all-important transitions. I found it quite informative, and I think you will, as well.

Let's get right to the good stuff, and - as always - thank you for being Bookshelf Newsletter subscribers!


No comments: